Living life as a pilot's wife, with our "herd" of 3 horses, 5 cats, 5 dogs, and 1 guina pig!



Friday, August 27, 2010

Back to Work....

Whoo hooo...who thought this day would never come? Be honest......ok me.....I wasn't so sure John would ever go back to work after all the surgeries and therapy BUT he starts training on Monday!! A big part of that is in thanks to one of my (new) good friends whose husband works for the same company as John and is also coming off ltd and starting...Monday! I found out about the class from her, and John just kept asking (nicely) that he be put in that class, and the background check came through this morning so it worked perfectly! But now it will be weird...John's been off (this time) since July 2007.....and was off for a 6 months before that. I'll have to get used to being on my own again, of course this means I won't have to make the bed every morning, and I will go around frantically cleaning the day he comes home :)


His training schedule is actually quite good though, he will be gone 7 days now (and it wouldn't even be that many if he wasn't driving to IAH). Then he will be home for 3 1/2 and after that he has school for 4 off for 2 or 3 until the end of October he'll do his final check so he should hit the line Nov 1!!!

2 comments:

Someday said...

We did the airport drop off today. At least there were less tears this time than the first time he went to training several years ago... Not quite sure what to do with myself for the next week.

Christy said...

I know what you mean about not knowing what to do for the next week! I am actually substituting on Tuesday at a preschool I suppose it will give me something to do!