Living life as a pilot's wife, with our "herd" of 3 horses, 5 cats, 5 dogs, and 1 guina pig!



Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Everything is Fine"

Why is it that the last 2 days John has had big tests that the animals have all gotten sick? Last week the day before his systems test Hokus got really sick, I even called the vet! He was out of town and I got everything under control without him, but still, when I talked to John I said "Everything is fine" I figured I didn't need him worrying about anything the night before his test. This time its one of our older dogs, he was acting a little strange when I went out to feed the horses, and when I came in he was floundering on the floor, couldn't get up and his gums were white and cold. Fantastic...of course it was after 6 too so no vet (at least without emergency fee's). So I got him up he went outside on the deck and laid down for a while, I gave him 2 anti-inflammatory and say with him for a while. He looks a little better now, can get up better, gums are a normal color, but he's still going to the vet tomorrow. Too bad I have to work tomorrow since I'll be up all night checking on him! So of course tonight when I talked to John "Everything is fine." Hopefully one of these time's I'll actually be able to say it and believe it! BTW if anyone reads this before tomorrow...don't tell John!

No comments: