Living life as a pilot's wife, with our "herd" of 3 horses, 5 cats, 5 dogs, and 1 guina pig!



Friday, April 17, 2009

Mr. Neeks!


Ok so I've been a little slack on blogging, but here are some pics of Mr. Neeks aka Fallen Leaf. We had our first (and so far only because of weather and the FEI show in Vegas) lesson with Jose Luis and he was great! He has a great system, he has 2 battery packs with head phones on one and a mic on the other so I clipped the pack to my sweater and put the earphones in and it was great! No yelling across the arena, or to those of you who know the wind, plus since it was a nice day the planes landing at ABQ Sunport were right over head. Mr. Neeks being the trooper he is didn't flinch though :) Although it might help that he has smaller planes go right by his paddock. Jose Luis gave me some good things to work on so I have actually been riding almost every day. I also found a great little tack store in Santa Fe that had consignment saddles, so I found a great dressage saddle for pretty cheap! So I tried cantering Mr. Neeks this week before John leaves and he was of course great, I think someone did a little more work with him than we anticipated since he got off the track. Anyways no riding today its snowing so hard I can't see across the runway!! And yes I know my position isn't that great...

No comments: